Double face masks or N95 Masks that cover the mouth and nose must be worn at all times in the PAC Shop.
This is required even if you are the only person in the shop (to pick up items or paint for example).
If you are cutting material that causes a lot of dust (maso, wood, etc), you may want to bring a second mask to change your outermost layer after shop hours.
No eating (or food in general) permitted in the PAC Shop.
To drink water, please step away from others, lift your face mask, drink water, and immediately return your face mask.
Users of the PAC Shop will be required to sign up for shop hours/time in the shop in advance (at least 24 hours before).
There is a capacity of 15 people allowed in the shop due to airflow and equipment usage.
We are allowing sign ups of 5 people per group.
If no other group is signed up at your requested time, we will contact you and allow you to bring more people.
To reserve time in the shop, sign up using this google form
If the stair door is closed during normal shop hours, we are at capacity. Do not enter the shop.
You must record the name and contact information for every attendee at your activities.
This is important in case contact tracing is needed.
The PAC Shop will have clipboards for you to sign in during shop hours.
Please write first and last name in handwriting that is easily read.
All tools, ear muffs, safety glasses, etc., must be sanitized after use. PAC Shop will provide appropriate disinfectant.
All costumes must be laundered before returning to stock.
The PAC Shop has a washer and dryer available.
Laundry detergent/Fabric sanitizing spray will be provided.
All microphones borrowed from the PAC Shop must be properly disinfected before returning to stock. Ask the PAC Shop for appropriate cleaning techniques.
Health Marshalls needs to ensure this practice is done regularly.
General Shop Policies:
- All work sessions must be scheduled through the Technical Advisor’s office. Failure to do so will result in denial of use. Repeated failure may result denial of any future use.
- Unsupervised work is not allowed.
- Plans and projects must be approved by the Technical Advisor before work can begin.
- It is expected that safety goggles and appropriate hearing protection will be worn when working with any kind of power equipment.
- If you are not thoroughly familiar with the operation of a piece of equipment obtain the necessary instruction from the Shop Supervisor, your instructor, or other qualified person before proceeding.
- All tools are to be returned to their proper storage area at the end of a work session. Clean up at the end of each work session. This includes: disposing of scrap lumber and materials, returning unused material and stock to its proper storage area, and sweeping the floor. All trash must be taken to the compactor daily. Tool Time! The last 15-30 min. of each work session will be devoted to clean-up, so allow for it (even if you plan to return the same day).
- No tools are to leave the shop without the permission of the Technical Advisor or Shop Supervisor. All tools must be signed out and inspected upon return. Lost tools must be replaced by the group responsible.
- Report any damage or breakage of equipment to the Technical Advisor or Shop Supervisor immediately upon discovery. By doing so, the item can be repaired or replaced quickly without interfering with the work of everyone using the shop.
- Groups must clean up all areas and materials used for painting at the end of the work session. This includes brushes, rollers, buckets and unused paint. All unused paint must be disposed of or stored properly.